Monday, November 3, 2014

Beating Busyness

Good Day,



It's been a few weeks since I've posted here at Moms in Slippers.  I love to write so here I go.

Below is a picture of just some of lovely my fall decor.  The table is a traditional glass and brass piece that never goes out of style.  I moved my cherry table into the dining room and replaced it with this lovely table in my living room.  



I've been really super busy lately and I love it.  It's always a good busy for me.  Below is a picture of the front of my house.  I love the look and feel of the warmth that surrounds my front door.


I've been cleaning my house including all the windows in my home since the beginning of October.  I do a little each day.  I washed my walls, I scraped off all the tape residue from the windows and cleaned them thoroughly, but looking at them in the light of day, I see some lint clinging to my windows which means I'll have to go over them again.  I love a clean house so I thought to myself, this year I'm going to get started earlier than ever cleaning for the Thanksgiving and Christmas Seasons.  I love this time of year and I have even started decorating for Christmas this weekend.  I asked my husband to go up into the attic to get out all my Christmas decorations.  I already decorated for autumn and Thanksgiving.  I always have Christmas warmth flowing through my blood and when July rolls around, I start thinking about my Christmas menu and what my theme will be for the season.  This year I'm going with red and gold.  Last year my theme was snowmen and I think I'll add a lot of them to the mix again this year along with my red and gold.  I am thrilled.

So beating busyness for me is just impossible, but I love every second of being busy. It gives me a sense of richness and it brings me happiness and contentment.  My busyness enjoys taking care of my home and my family.  Cooking, cleaning and then doing all the things that I just love to do which is helping moms make ends meet, designing, writing, coaching, counseling, driving my son to school, picking him up from school and then driving him to work on the days he has work.  Life just doesn't get any better than this for me.











No comments:

Post a Comment