Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Loving What You Do Pays Off

Rewards When You Do What You Love!




It was a lovely Saturday and I had plans to work on Moms in Slippers to share some things that I thought would be a help to my audience. My daughter who was visiting from Maryland had different plans. My daughter is engaged to be married and decided to go shopping for her wedding rings so she, my husband and I made our way to Delaware to see what we could find at the jewelry store where her fiancé bought her engagement ring. My oh my, the diamond rings in that store were brilliant! I found a ring that blinded me as it sat in the case.

I showed the ring to my husband and then of course, I asked him if he would buy it for me. He smiled and said, “We’ll see!” I knew what that meant. After twenty-six years of marriage, I deserve that diamond ring! That magnificent ring only cost $5200. The employee asked us how long we’ve been married and when we told her she said, “Oh, she deserves a new ring.” My husband immediately chimed in and said, “I just bought her a brand new car so the ring will have to wait.” And then he said, “I may get it for her. “ I’m excited because my birthday is quickly approaching as is Christmas so my finger will be patiently waiting for that bling ring…LOLLLLL

Cyndi's Light Work Designs




Any way, my daughter found her rings and they have to be ordered so that’s done. We then made our way to one of my favorite stores; the Christmas Tree Shops. My daughter was looking for frames to place on the tables for her reception. It was a miss today. I was really surprised because I can always find something at the Christmas Tree Shop.

After that, we made our way to Friendly’s for lunch and then home. I had to give my dear mother her lunch, change her diaper and relax for a while. My daughter was resting as well as my husband. Not long thereafter, my daughter informed me that she had to go pick up her fiancé from Philly. He was at his fraternity’s conclave in the park and she was ready to get back home to D.C. Well, she made it safely to the park down in Philly and she called me to see if I had received her text message. I ran upstairs to get my cell phone only to see this picture her fiancé had taken of a design that I created for the Omega Psi Phi’s. I was elated when I saw that gigantic banner hanging up down in Philly.



Working and working some more always pays off in an enormous way. If you’re working from home, but you are not fully committed to your business, it’s time to change your mindset. Working my businesses consistently is a gift in itself. So go on and get busy and unwrap all the gifts that you have and work your business like you’ve never worked it before. It will give you gifts you’ll be unwrapping for the rest of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment