Friday, May 7, 2010

Work at Home for the Home

I've been working at home for my home and my family for eight years and I must say that I would not leave this position for anything unless I was left with no other choice, but since I've been blessed with a great and unique skill set, talents and gifts, I have choices and more than just one.


When I left my job at the hospital, I took time off for me; to think things through in terms of what it was that I wanted to do.  Did I want to look for another job.  Did I even have the emotional strength and power to deal with people who love power and prestige; could I deal with someone telling me when to take my my 15-minute morning break, my 45-minute lunch break, my 15-minute afternoon break?  Could I accept the fact that I had to schedule my vacation around my co-workers' vacation and could I deal with always having to ask when I could use my own personal days?  I didn't even want to entertain the thought of any of these things.  It just wasn't worth it to me nor my family.  I could not even phantom the possibility of being talked down to and not being given the opportunity to use my talents and abilities was also unacceptable to me.      


So I decided to start my own typing business.  It was the best and greatest decision I had ever made, but here's the thing.  I started my business, created my website, began marketing and promoting my business and began my work from home journey.  I typed and transcribed interviews, dissertations, flyers and more.  In the midst of my typing, I longed for more.  I discovered that something more one day when I was just messing around on my computer.  That something turned out to be my passion; graphic design.  I am now the prosperous owner of a t-shirt design business and I am loving it, living it and just glowing in it all.  It has become my baby in addition to my family.  


If there is something that you long to do, if you want to start a home based business using your skills, why not go ahead and get started.  It doesn't matter if you have ten cents or ten thousand dollars, go on and start your business.  Step out on faith as the saying goes because without faith you'll never do a thing.  My first t-shirt campaign was used for Mother's Day.  I ordered 25 tees and sold 25 tees!!! Those who purchased the tees love positively loves them.  I have many many designs that I will be using to turn my love for my business into the success I've been working so hard to achieve.  


Take my words and my advice; go on and get started and if you have a passion for something use that passion to start your own business and watch your business soar!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment